Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Appellate Matters
- Wisconsin, 2003
- Waukesha County Bar, 2003
- Criminal Law Section
- Juvenile Law Section
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2006
Thomas C. Simon focuses his practice on Criminal Defense, Traffic, and Appellate matters – both criminal and civil.
For criminal defense, Attorney Simon focuses on all criminal defense cases such as theft, burglary, sexual assault, domestic abuse, assault/battery, and harrassment, to name a few. Click here to learn more about our Criminal Defense practice.
When it comes to Traffic, Simon focuses on OWI matters in addition to general traffic – both civil and criminal.
Simon has also cases published in both State and Federal Courts as a result of his work in both Civil and Criminal Appeals.
During the extremely contentious 2004 Presidential elections, Attorney Simon provided legal assistance to the Republican Party, and on Election Day, oversaw the enforcement of election laws at two polling places in the City of Milwaukee.
Attorney Simon was raised in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and has an undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and a law degree from Marquette University. At Marquette, Simon served as the Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Law School, Howard Eisenberg, and to Professor Daniel Blinka, a renowned expert in the area of Evidence. Simon assisted Blinka in updating three textbooks on the issue of Evidence and worked as a student assistant in the State Public Defender’s Office prior to graduation. A resident of Waukesha, Wisconsin where he lives with his wife and daughter, Simon is a member of the Waukesha County Bar Association and the State Bar of Wisconsin.
- Marquette University, School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, M.S. Criminal Justice, 1995
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, B.S. Criminal Justice, 1990
Honors and Awards:
- SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2013
- Mews v. Beaster, 2005 WI App 53, 279 Wis. 2d 507, 694 N.W.2d 476
- State v. Johnson, 2013 WI App 140, 352 Wis. 2d 98, 841 N.W.2d 302
- Seventh Circuit
- United States v. Brownell, 495 F.3d 459 (2007)