Ted has been practicing law in Wisconsin for 35 years since graduating from Marquette University Law School in 1987. A native of Green Bay and a current resident of Ripon, Ted has a statewide and national practice focusing on environmental and land use law, complex litigation, and insurance coverage matters on behalf of policyholders.
Ted spent the first 30 plus years of his career at the Milwaukee firm, Friebert, Finerty & St. John and, like many FFSJ alumni, was blessed to have been mentored in the art of litigation by the late Bob Friebert and fortunate to have been an active litigator in the early years of Superfund on sites like the Fadrowski Drum Disposal Site in Franklin, Wisconsin and the Moss-American Site in Milwaukee, Ted has been immersed in both the legal and technical aspects of environmental law ever since.
Ted’s litigation practice has grown to include environmental nuisance claims and toxic tort litigation, contract and property disputes, construction defects, insurance coverage litigation and enforcement actions. He has represented individuals, community groups, local and tribal governments, small business, utilities and large corporations. This breadth of experience helps Ted prepare his clients for what they can reasonably expect in litigation by looking at the case from the other side’s point of view.
In addition to his litigation practice, Ted has extensive experience working on complex real estate development projects handling due diligence investigations and environmental permitting. Ted, along with his long-time colleague, Andy Skwierawski, have also become intimately familiar with historical drycleaning operations and have helped dozens of drycleaners deal with the legacy environmental issue arising from these operations.
- J.D., Marquette University Law School (1987)
- B.A., University of Green Bay (1984)
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers® in America – Environmental Law (2010-2023), Litigation-Environmental (2011-2023), Litigation-Insurance (2022-2023)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer Super Lawyers Magazine – Environmental Litigation (2012-2021, 2023)
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- In the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in America®, Ted has been recognized for his excellence in Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Insurance, and Environmental Law. Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review.