Stacie H. Rosenzweig
Phone: (414) 271-3400
Fax: (414) 271-3841
Areas of Practice:
- Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Professional License Defense
- Political & Election Law
- Civil Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Insurance defense, coverage, and fraud investigation
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Stacie H. Rosenzweig’s practice emphasizes representation of regulated professionals, including lawyers and health care professionals, facing possible disciplinary action by licensing authorities, as well as ethics and compliance counseling. She is also well versed in Wisconsin and federal election and political law; employment law and litigation before administrative bodies and in court; insurance defense and coverage matters; legal malpractice defense; general civil litigation; and appellate practice.
She blogs about legal ethics and law practice regularly at Ethicking.com.
Stacie graduated from Marquette University Law School summa cum laude, second in her class, with pro bono honors. While at Marquette, she served as a Note and Comment Editor for the Marquette Law Review and an Academic Support Program Leader, and interned for Centro Legal, a nonprofit legal services firm in Milwaukee. Prior to attending law school, Stacie worked as a high school teacher and trade magazine editor. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Beloit College, with a major in English and with middle and high school teacher certification.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, J.D. 2009 (summa cum laude, with Pro Bono honors)
- Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin, B.A. 1997 (cum laude)
State Bar of Wisconsin (Member, Ethics Committee)
Milwaukee Bar Association (Co-Chair, Courts Committee; Law Day volunteer)
Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (Chair, Integration and Engagement Committee; Liaison, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative)
Association for Women Lawyers (Member)
American Constitution Society (Member)
Law Forward, Legal Advisory Council (Member)
Ex Fabula, Board of Directors (Chair, Governance Committee)
Voter Protection volunteer
• “Trust Accounting Ethics for Paralegals”
• “Don’t Hide the Ball: Dealing Ethically With Discovery”
• “Advertising and Social Media: Legal Ethics In the Internet Age”
• “Legal Ethics: Top Mistakes in Withdrawing Representation”
• “Uncivil Litigation—The Ethics of Keeping Your Cool When Tempers Flare”
• “Don’t Panic! An Attorney’s Guide to Grievances”
• “Don’t Take That Tone With Me: The Ethics of Civility”
• “Ethical Considerations in Family Law: Making a Potential Problem Better”
• “New Trust Accounting Rules / 2016 E-Banking”
• “Misuse of the Disciplinary System: When Squealing Isn’t Appealing,” Wisconsin Law Journal, February 19, 2018.
• “The Ethics Of Bearing Bad News,” Wisconsin Law Journal, December 27, 2017.
• “Anti-Social Media: Arguing Ethically on the Internet,” Wisconsin Law Journal, September 15, 2017.
• “Do I Have an Ethical Obligation to be Nice?” Wisconsin Law Journal, July 3, 2017.