Scott N. Burns’ practice is devoted to all aspects of real estate and business transactional law. Scott was recognized as a “top attorney” in Milwaukee Magazine Best Lawyers issues (February, 1995, October, 1999, and September, 2003) and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel “Top Lawyers” 2012 edition in the real estate law specialty. He has appeared on both radio and television as a real estate law expert. Scott has also lectured on real estate and construction law at Marquette University Law School. Scott often acts as a court-appointed and private mediator in litigation matters in his area of expertise, particularly involving real estate, contract/business disputes, construction defects and transactional disputes.
Scott graduated from the University of Wisconsin, and from Marquette University Law School. He is a member of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin and American Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice in the Wisconsin and U.S. District Court, both Eastern and Western Districts.
Recently, Scott was selected by peers for inclusion in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin
Honors and Awards:
- Top Attorney, Milwaukee Magazine Best Lawyers Issues, 1995
- Top Attorney, Milwaukee Magazine Best Lawyers Issues, 1999
- Top Attorney, Milwaukee Magazine Best Lawyers Issues, 2003
- Wisconsin’s Top Rate Lawyers, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 2012 edition.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020
- Lecturer, Real Estate and Construction Law, Marquette University Law School
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member