Mark E. Sanders
Phone: (414) 271-3400
Fax: (414) 271-3841
Areas of Practice:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wisconsin, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
Mark E. Sanders devotes his practice primarily to representing individuals involved in family law disputes and investors arbitrating securities disputes with their brokers. For over thirty-five years, Mark has represented investors in arbitrations before FINRA (the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and its predecessor arbitration arenas, the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The disputes arbitrated have included securities fraud, violations of state and federal securities laws, unsuitable investments, unlicensed trading, unauthorized trading, churning, breach of fiduciary duty, and failure to timely execute trades. Mark has served as an arbitrator for the NASD and National Futures Association (NFA). He is a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) and the litigation sections of both the American Bar Association (ABA) and State Bar of Wisconsin.
Mark has also practiced in the area of family law for over 35 years. He has represented parties in all of the counties of Southeastern Wisconsin in divorce, legal separation, and paternity cases, involving all issues, from child custody and placement, to spousal and child support, to the valuation and division of property. He has helped his clients reach agreement in the great majority of cases but is best able to achieve a positive settlement by being prepared for litigation if necessary. He has been appointed and served as a guardian ad litem for the minor children in custody disputes. He is a member of the Society of Family Lawyers and the Family Law Sections of the American Bar Association, the Milwaukee Bar Association, and the Wisconsin State Bar. He is a past President of the Leander J. Foley, Jr. Matrimonial Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Mark received his law degree from the University of Michigan where he graduated magna cum laude in 1980. He received his BA and his MS (in Computer Science) from the University of Wisconsin. He is admitted to practice in the Wisconsin State Courts and the Federal District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and the Federal Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1980
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin
Major: Computer Science
MKE Lifestyle named Mark in their “Best Lawyer” 2020 issue, recognizing him as one of the Best Lawyers in Wisconsin as it pertains to Family Law.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Litigation Section, Member
- ABA, Society of Family Lawyers Section, Member
- ABA, Family Law Section, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar, Member
- Leander J. Foley, Jr. Matrimonial Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Past President