Christopher T. Kolb
Phone: (414) 271-3400
Fax: (414) 271-3841
Areas of Practice:
- Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
Christopher Kolb is a 1981 graduate of Yale University Law School. He is also the recipient of two postgraduate degrees from UCLA, which he attended on an NDEA fellowship, and an undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin, where he graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors.
His practice includes litigation on behalf of plaintiffs in securities disputes, representation of lawyers, doctors and other professionals facing possible disciplinary action by licensing authorities, and business litigation involving contract, intellectual property, and employment matters. He has also represented the owners of a large area shopping center regarding their leasing and litigation needs, and has extensive experience as a mediator.
Mr. Kolb is a member of the Milwaukee and State of Wisconsin Bar Associations and is admitted to practice before the federal and state courts in Wisconsin. He has also appeared before the Federal Courts of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (which includes Wisconsin and Illinois), Ninth Circuit (including California), and Federal Circuit (in Washington, DC).
He has lectured at Marquette University Law School on the subject of alternative dispute resolution, and he has been a featured speaker at seminars for Wisconsin lawyers in two fields: securities litigation and professional ethics. He is a two-time recipient of the State Bar of Wisconsin Authorship Award, first for an article on structured settlements and subsequently for a two-part article on arbitration of securities disputes.
Mr. Kolb is a three-time recipient of the designation, “Super Lawyer,” in the field of securities litigation, as reflected in the annual poll of attorneys published in the November edition of Milwaukee Magazine. He has also been recognized by his peers in both the 25th and 26th Editions of The Best Lawyers in America for his work in Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law.
He previously served as Managing Shareholder of Halling & Cayo.
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut, 1981 J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1967 B.S.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, 1968 M.A.
Honors: NDEA Fellowship
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, 1973 C.Phil.
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of the State Bar of Wisconsin Authorship Award for an Article on Structured Settlements
- Recipient of the State Bar of Wisconsin Authorship Award for a Two-Part Article on Arbitration of Securities Disputes
- “Wisconsin Super Lawyer” 4x
- MKE Lifestyle “Best Lawyer” 2020 Edition
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Investment Disputes, Wisconsin Lawyer
- Arbitrating Investment Disputes, Wisconsin Lawyer
- Representing Clients in Structured Settlements, Wisconsin Bar Bulletin
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- State of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member